The 1st Chertsey Scout Group HQ is in urgent need of replacement, and we are committed to providing a high-quality programme of activities for young people. Both of these require substantial funding.
We Need Your Help!
How to Help – Practical:
Substantial fundraising activities will be required to support a new development. Those willing to contribute their time to help should contact the GSL (Dave Moore) in the first instance. A plan for fundraising is currently being drawn up. More details will be posted here in due course.
The Group has an HQ fundraising campaign page here that can accept donations: Donate Now!!!
Below are some of the ways you can help us maintain a thriving Scout Group. Some are free, some are not. Please do take the time to see where you can help best.
1. Like and Share posts on our social media accounts (Facebook) to help us promote our activities and events
2. Help us with online voting competitions
3. Sell unwanted items and donate the money to the Group via eBay
4. Sign up with easyfundraising.com and raise money for us at no cost when you shop online
5. Donate hard cash to our HQ fundraising efforts (doing this via the VirginMoneyGiving site to may allow us to reclaim GiftAid)
6. Set up an extra regular donation by Direct Debit to supplement the subscription fee
7. Volunteer to help at one of the local events we attend – jobs for everyone
8. Attend one of our Working Group days at the HQ to help keep it clean and tidy
9. Volunteer to help on a regular basis in the Section your children attend (e.g. once a week/month/term)
10. Attend a Family Camp with your children and get involved in the activities
11. Attend our regular Comedy Night and Quiz Night events
12. Contribute your time and skills on the Parents’ Committee
13. Buy A Brick in our new HQ fundraising campaign
14. Take on a personal or team fundraising challenge and get sponsorship via our VirginMoneyGiving site
15. Ask at your work if there are any schemes for local engagement or salary matching
16. Become a Scout Leader and help plan, deliver, and enjoy Scouting directly!
17. Pledge an in-kind contribution of your trade skills to the new HQ build (by arrangement with the contractor)
As ever, please keep an eye on newsletters, email, website and social media channels for upcoming events!
HQ – Planning
Planning Permission for a new HQ, located on Staines Lane, Chertsey has been approved by Runnymede Borough Council, with the build commencing on Monday 18th June 2018.
GiftAid Form: Gift_Aid_Form_Blank1
Major HQ Fund Donors
Surrey County Council Leaders Fund
Surrey County Council Members Allocation
Chertsey Combined Charities
Feoffees of Chertsey Market
Rotary Club of Chertsey
The Co-operative Food
Staines Round Table
Rowan Bentall Charitable Trust
Aviva Community Fund
Major Sponsored Challenge Donors
Dave Moore & Perry Burton
Major Auction and Raffle Prize Donors
Other Key Donors
Thyme in the Tavern
Surrey Community Foundation Comic Relief